What to Expect:
1. Cramping during the procedure – take a pain reliever as advised by your healthcare provider
2. Mild bleeding afterwards (hence the sanitary pad) – It is normal to have some mild cramping and spotting or vaginal bleeding for a few days after the procedure.
3. Don’t douche, use tampons, or have sex for 2 to 3 days after an endometrial biopsy, or for a time recommended by your healthcare provider.
4. You may also have other limits on your activity, including no strenuous activity or heavy lifting.
5. You may go back to your normal diet unless your healthcare provider tells you otherwise.
Risks – Please tell your healthcare provider if you have any of the following after the procedure:
1. Excessive bleeding, or bleeding longer than 2 days after the procedure
2. Foul-smelling drainage from your vagina
3. Fever or chills
4. Severe lower belly pain